Thursday, June 04, 2009

Celebrating Calvin's 500th

The 500th anniversary of the birth of John Calvin, the theological father of the Reformed tradition, is coming up July 10. This video is a trailer for the a documentary produced by the Witherspoon Press to commemorate the occasion.

I just got my copy of John Calvin, Pilgrim and Pastor by W. Robert Godfrey and plan to finish it before the anniversary. I am not as familiar with Calvin as I should be, and this looks like a good biography for an interested layperson (review to follow when I finish it). Aside to Justice Seeker: Not available on Kindle, alas.

Are you or your church doing anything for Calvin's 500th birthday? If so, please share in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Au contraire! The Calvin bio you describe IS available for Kindle.

JusticeSeeker

Jody Harrington said...

My bad. How did I miss that?

Stushie said...

How many Presbyterians does it take to blow out 500 candles on Calvin's birthday cake?

None. No candles allowed.