Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Lectionary Ruminations: Scripture for Worship on August 9, 2009

I'm going to have to beg your indulgence this week. My wife and I had to put our cat, Turtle, to sleep this past weekend, and although I'm sure I could wax eloquent about grief using the loss of David's son in the 2 Samuel passage below as a starting-point, I'd rather not make this feature about me in quite that way. Fact is, I'm not up for the usual reflection right now, but don't want to ignore this week's reflections completely. So, with that in mind, here are the passages for August 9th, 2009, the Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B). All links are to the TNIV via BibleGateway.com, but if you prefer another translation, feel free to use that instead (either with your own Bible, or via the drop-down menu at BibleGateway.com).

2 Samuel 18:5-9, 15, 31-33

Psalm 130:1-8

Ephesians 4:25-5:2

John 6:35, 41-51

In lieu of my usual comments, I'd love to see what comments readers have on these passages. If you want to read a bit more about Turtle, you can do so over at my own blog, Transforming Seminarian. Your prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

Stushie said...

Thanks for everything you do for this blogsite. May God comfort you during your obvious grief. you must have loved your cat very much.

Sarahlynn said...

B-W, I am so sorry to hear about Turtle.