Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Youth Video Challenge

It is Wednesday and time for Joyful News On Ministry!

A flood of folks have sent me links about their congregations! Well, a stream. OK. Not exactly. A trickle. Fine then, I haven't received any yet. But I have been checking the web for Presbyterians having fun. I found this site, the Youth Video Challenge. These three groups were the finalists selected by YADs at General Assembly:
The Presbyterian Foundation will establish a $25,000 endowment fund to support youth ministries at these three churches. Great job! You should check all fifteen videos that made it to GA. Here is the news story about it.

Here are some Presbyterians having fun at the 2007 Triennium:



By the way, applications are being taken now for the design team for the 2010 Triennium.

Sure, it is easy for me to post things from the national level. But I bet your congregation (or presbytery) is doing some good stuff. So send me an e-mail with a pic, story, and/or video of what is happening near your mountain, forest, neighborhood, ocean, desert, or fruited plain. Shoot, just send me a link to your church's webpage and I'll find something!




We'll get Jesus dancin' yet:





John Shuck is the pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Elizabethton, Tennessee and he blogs at
Shuck and Jive. Contact him with your joyful news at this E-mail.

2 comments:

Becky Ardell Downs said...

Presbyterian Blogger PastorJayBan's group was one fothe top 15-- check out the group from Clemmons, NC!

John Shuck said...

That was great! What a fun cantata!