Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This I Believe


I'm struggling with my next post on my personal faith experiences. It will have something to do with what it means and doesn't mean to my faith that I'm a pointy-haired-boss.

In the meantime, I want to share a link to This I Believe - one of my favorite movements from the past couple of years. It's a reprisal of a movement from the 1950's, but this is my incarnation. Listening to them on NPR and reading through them as part of our Sunday School class has been inspiring, thought provoking, sometimes angering. Though the essays themselves aren't all focussed around faith, of course, the movement and experience touches on an important part of my faith.

As an introvert, I sometimes struggle with developing relationships with others. It seems to me that this is an important part of what God asks of us, though. Peace, love, joy, hope... all depend on the development of relationships with other people. I think that as we get closer to one another, we also get closer to God. Some day, I'll write a "This I Believe" essay. It'll include that message.

No comments: