Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Question of the Week . . . The Day We Will Never Forget

Where were you and what where you doing five year ago today? How have you , your life, and the lives of your family changed?

A Prayer for USA by David Cohen
I pray for the survivors of the attack on September 11, 2001.
I pray for the families who have lost loved ones. I pray for the rescue workers and police on the scene.
I pray for the doctors and nurses caring for the hurting.
I pray for the reporters who work through intense emotion to bring us the pictures and news of the day.
I pray for the President and other elected leaders who so desperately need wisdom from beyond themselves.
I pray for the pastors in Washington and New York who care first-hand for the spiritual needs of those who have experienced this great tragedy.
I pray for the military and intelligence agencies who seek to find out who would do this so they might be brought to justice.
I pray for our nation -- that this event will bring us together and turn our thoughts toward helping each other to fight and VANISH the terrorism out of the world.
I pray for all those who might be tempted to think that violence accomplishes anything of lasting value.
We've seen too much of it in the recent years.
Lastly, I pray for every peace lover in this world.
May God break the cycle of violence to make a difference for His Peace and Grace in this sinful world.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I was sitting in bed, watching the Today Show, putting on make-up getting ready to go to a class that I was a teaching assistant for. The one image that I will never forget is walking in to my college’s snack bar. On any other day the room the TVs would be on MTV or Sportcenter and you would barely able to hear over people talk, playing pool or air hockey but not that day. That day with the room filled nearly full, you could have heard a pin drop. It was at this moment the first tower fell and the skyline of New York City was forever changed.

Stushie said...

I was in an ermegency room at the hospital, holding the hand of my dear friend David. The staff were no where to be found because they were too busy watching the TV screens. Instead of looking at the Twin towers, David's wife and I were watching our beloved friend die. Just before noon, he slipped away.

I wonder how many more people died that day in our hospitals waiting for care or for organ transplants that didn't arrive?

Anonymous said...

I was just leaving my 2nd psych eval. appointment which was a requirement by my presbytery for entering the inquiry phase for preparation for ministry.

Hopped in the car and NPR was on the radio reporting "unconfirmed reports of an airplane hitting the WTC." Went to work and spent most of the day glued to the TV, radio, internet.