Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Review . . . Inklings

Ok, in the midst of change, I thought I would pop my head up once more with something I thought too good to pass up. Christopher W. Mitchell from Wheaton College has published a list of his top 5 books written by an Inkling (the literary and social group to which both C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien belonged).

Obviously, any such list will include a book by Lewis and one by Tolkien; and most of us are familiar with their complete works at least in passing. What I found interesting were the other three: The Wise Woman by George MacDonald, Orthodoxy; the Romance of Faith, by G.K. Chesterton; and The Descent of the Dove; a Short History of the Holy Spirit in the Church; by Charles Williams.

JusticeSeeker
JusticeSeekerOK@aol.com

No comments: