Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Review . . . Favorite Advent Passage

Since Miranda has suggested that we celebrate Advent, I am going to blog about my favorite Advent passage. It is Chapter 12 in Max Lucado's Next Door Savior.

I am just going to quote a few excerpts:

To bear a baby is one thing, but to carry God? What is that like?

He issues a Mary-level invitation to all his children. "If you'll let me, I'll move in!"

Christ grew in Mary until he had to come out. Christ will grow in you until the same occurs. He will come out in your speech, in your actions, in your decisions.

But he is in you. You are a modern-day Mary. Even more so. He was a fetus in her, but he is a force in you. He will do what you cannot.

Find that hard to believe? How much more did Mary? The line beneath her picture in the high-school annual did not read, "Aspires to be the mother of God."
What is your favorite Advent reading?

JusticeSeeker
JusticeSeekerOK@aol.com

No comments: