Monday, February 27, 2006

And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love (1 Cor. 13:13)

It has been brought to my attention that our group has been infiltrated by a person whose attentions are less than faithful. This person has been removed as a member and I am sorry if this person’s miss guided words have affected your individual blogs. I started this community in hopes of bringing people together for open and honest discussion. We represent a wide variety of theologies and beliefs and up to this point I believe that we have been able to discuss issues and even when we differ in our beliefs we respect each other as fellow Presbyterian and as fellow humans.

I would like close with this passage from the Gospel of John:
I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have
loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know
that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:
34-35)

4 comments:

Stewart said...

Miranda, I must have missed whatever comments this person posted. So my own comment is from a position of some ignorance. Thank you for the difficult steps you took to preserve the kind of forum you had hoped for when you started this blog.

The internet is a big place with all kinds of netizens. The PCUSA is a broad and diverse community of Christian disciples who don't always agree about what God is calling us to be and do. Those two facts leave plenty of room for trouble in an online community of Presbyterians. But God gives the church all the gifts that are needed for ministry, and sometimes ministry involves managing very difficult discussions.

Becky Ardell Downs said...

Wow, I missed it too.

Anonymous said...

"Infiltrated"? Egads!

I missed it too. What happened?

Sarahlynn said...

Miranda, thank you again for acting so quickly and thoughfully. I hope that no one else was affected.

[There was a guy who somehow found my blog, then branched out from there to my webrings and some of the blogs on my blogroll. His membership in this webring was not entered into with the proper spirit. He's a Catholic who feels that Protestant denominations aren't true churches, and it sort of gets ugly and personal from there.]