Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Perfect Christian

Following on an earlier post on How to be the Perfect Pastor, I thought I'd tackle the question of how to be the perfect Christian. Luckily, I didn't have far to go looking for the Answer.

Whew... I thought it would be mysterious! Aparently the answer is so obvious that there are approximately 1,390,000 web pages out there with the answer. I'm so glad to see it.

What do I blog about next week!?


Well, if we take the information age search to more specific criteria, we narrow it down to 115 results. On just that first page of results, we've got advice on parenting, being the perfect Christian housewife, current politics, and comedy... and some theology, too.


My advice for the week: do some Google searches for those tough spiritual and theological questions. The Answers are out there! If you happen to find any Answers you'd like share, share them as comments here!


Caveat: your search results will vary. Google personalizes search results based on your past search and selection history, if you use the Google toolbar or have a Google account.

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

In Bible study this morning (there's that initial capital we were recently discussing) we touched on this issue.

One woman shared a story of her family's recent trip to a state fair. Near the entrance, there was a sign that asked, "ARE YOU GOING TO HELL?" Visitors were advised to step up to the booth, answer two questions, and learn their fate.

That's very simple. And very . . . confident of knowing the mind of God.

Is that the way we really want to reach out to others? Through fear rather than joy? (Look what Jesus has done in my life!)

Not I, super fly.