Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Pirate's Psalm

Today is speak like a Pirate Day. Aarg! I wonder how Blackbeard would have written the 23rd psalm....

Pirate psalm

Aarg! The Lord is me Cap’n
And I ain’t wantin’ nuthin’.
He shivers me timbers,
And sails me through blistering barnacles.
He refreshes me rum
And guides me
To Spanish galleons
For his booty. Aarg!

Even though I walk the plank
Over shark-infested waters,
I ain’t afeared,
For my Cap’n is wi’ me.
Along with the bo’sun
And first mate. Aarg!

He gets ready the mainsail
And broadsides the enemy,
The deck o’erflows
Wi’ powder and blood.

Surely pillage and plunder
Will be my pirate life,
And I will dwell in
Davey Jones’ Locker
Forevermore. Aarg!

(c) 2007 John Stuart

2 comments:

Jody Harrington said...

I'd say this was very cute, but then I don't think you say that about pirates, do you?

Well done!

Sarah Louise said...

Arr! Shiver me timbers!