Thursday, August 09, 2007

Monday Question of the Week . . . Google

I love it when we get emails with suggestions for Monday's Question. Here is the lastest from the mail room.

Greetings!

I have blogged in an effort to find out how other churches use the web to their advantage for things like google searches. http://rob.mdmonroes.com/2007/08/how-do-you-drive-traffic-to-your.html

My question for the group would come out of the same notion of using the freeness
of the internet (i.e. searches) to drive people to your website?


God Bless,
-rob

1 comment:

robert austell said...

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are asking, but I've been wanting to set up "streaming audio" of my sermons on our church website for some time and we were going to have to pay an additional $50/mo. or something for the service and the bandwith. Knowing that our kids used myspace to listen to bands and such, I set up a Myspace page with my sermons as a "band", do not have friends or accept activity on the myspace page, but use the free myspace audio player to then stream my sermons (max. 4-5 at a time) on our website. You can see it here:
http://gspcnet.virtual.vps-host.net/gspc.php?pr=88
(does not work in Firefox yet)

Robert Austell
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church
Charlotte, NC
www.gspc.net