Saturday, March 24, 2007

Comic Book King or Lord of Life

Several Presbyterian bloggers have been writing about the new Spartans vs the Persians movie "300." It's stylistically a combination of Film Noire and Anime. Anyway, I went to see the movie and afterwards it made me wonder how Christ would be illustrated. Here's my rendition.


King for a Day, Lord of Life

So I guess today's devotional is a movie-otional. Here's a question: what paintings/illustrations of Christ move you spiritually? Salvador Dali's "Christ of St. John of the Cross" comes to my mind immediately. It's displayed in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery of my hometown Glasgow, Scotland.

Stushie writes the daily blog Heaven's Highway; the current religious newsblog Stushie's Stuff; and the weekly Sunday worship prayers blog Aaron's Beard.

2 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

It's not a painting of Christ, but the painting of the Prodigal Son by Rembrandt really gets me in the gut. I like yours too.

Stushie said...

I'd never seen that painting before. It is very moving.

It's called "The Return of the Prodigal Son."

I love Rembrandts. In the city where I grew up - Glasgow, Scotland - our city art museum displayed several Rembrandts, along with Van Goghs, Manets, Monets,Degas & Dalis - all for free!