Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Review. . . Online Ignatian Retreat

One of the most extraordinary experiences in my spiritual life was the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. I did the Exercises in the form of a retreat in daily life. It required an eight hour a week commitment for 40 weeks. I was fortunate that the Retreat is offered in my metro area. That isn't true everywhere, and not everyone can manage the schedule or the commitment; and lots of us can't find 30 days to do the retreat in residence at a retreat house -- although I will find the time to do that before I die. God willing.

So, I was really excited when I discovered that Creighton University offers the Retreat in an online format. I have looked through the web page, although I confess I haven't tried to complete any of the weekly readings.

I was wondering if anyone has done this?

For me the Spiritual Exercises was an incredibly powerful introduction to meditative prayer. I think I would have missed that if I did the online version.

Any comments?

JusticeSeeker
JusticeSeekerOK@aol.com

1 comment:

Gannet Girl said...

How incredibly wonderful that you have done an Ignatian retreat. I did a retreat in daily life last year -- it took pretty much a year. Easily and by far the most meaningful spiritual experience of my life. I am hoping to do an 8-day retreat next summer; I don't think I want to ever have another year without some form of Ignatian retreat.